UniGlo Presents: Approaching the Application Season
A no-BS session on what to expect and how to deal with it
The university application process can be overwhelming.
It can be surreal, stressful, and daunting, and we—as recent graduates—know that.
In this event, we will share what we wish we knew before going into the application process,
leaving you with ideas and strategies you can actually use the moment you get home.
*This event will be most relevant to rising seniors, but all high school students are welcome!
We will be:
- Running a presentation and short panel, discussing how we, as recent graduates and admits to selective US and UK universities, approached our college application processes
Key areas: personal stories, brainstorming techniques, strategies for essay
- Hold a live brainstorming session to help you generate and/or further your ideas
- [For students only] Personally discuss (in small groups of 10-15) further aspects of the essay writing process, practical management strategies for senior year (standardized testing, nitty-gritties of the application process), and the importance of making sure senior year is still an enjoyable one.
*In this break-out session, you can choose which facilitator you want to chat with based on their university, major, and personal interests.
- [For parents only] Host a student Q&A panel for parents, to provide a student perspective into parent-specific questions and concerns regarding the application process.
Our Featured Speakers
A NIST International School alumnus and rising sophomore at the University of Pennsylvania, Kengo founded UniGlo to help guide Bangkok’s students through the struggles he faced when applying to universities. He will be hosting a student-led Q&A panel for parents of high school students preparing to apply for universities, and will be tackling topics including US/UK differences, personality fit for college, letters of recommendation, and more.
Dini is preparing to study economics, sociology, and leadership at Claremont McKenna College in a few weeks, after graduating from NIST International School this year. As a member of UniGlo since its founding, she hopes to continue expanding the network to create an accessible platform for high school students and college admits alike. She will be running the event’s live brainstorm and presentation session, as well as facilitating the breakout discussion sessions for our student attendees.
Am (Rairat) Chunnananda
Having just graduated from NIST International School, Am is now going to be a student studying philosophy and sustainability at Vassar College. At UniGlo, Am strives to connect with and be inspired by students, encouraging them to pave a meaningful future by putting their passions first. She will be presenting on useful planning strategies for approaching brainstorming and college essays, as well as joining the parent Q&A to provide personal insight on the process.
Additionally, our diverse range of UniGlo ambassadors will be running the breakout discussions!
Feng Du (NIST)
Parsons School of Design ‘22
Jessie Mahadumrongkul (BPS)
University of California, Berkeley ‘22
Mimi Thompson (BPS)
Claremont McKenna College ‘21
Nirvan Sinha (NIST)
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign ‘22
Pimmy Soongswang (SHB)
University of Cambridge ‘21
Sila Puhl (NIST)
Columbia University ‘21
Sodai Lotharukpong (BPS)
Imperial College London ’21
Miku Suga (SHB)
Brown University ’22
- 15:30 – 16:00 | Registration
- 16:00 – 16:10 | Introduction
- 16:10 – 16:35 | Brainstorming
- 16:35 – 16:55 | The Essay
- 16:55 – 17:35 | Breakout Sessions
- 17:35 – 17:50 | Closing
- 18:00 – 18:30 | Open Q&A
Location & Parking
C asean 10th floor
90 CW Tower Ratchadaphisek Rd,
Khwaeng Huai Khwang, Khet Huai Khwang,
Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10310
Parking is available on-site.
A 6-hour free parking stamp can be obtained from the C asean lobby on the ground floor or on the 10th floor help desk.
Take the MRT to Thailand Cultural Centre station.
Take exit 4 then continue past Big C (to your left) and towards the large skywalk, which has direct access to CW Tower.
You can enter C asean via the ground floor entrance.