UniGlo Student Conference (2019)
UniGlo is back this June with its annual flagship event, the UniGlo Student Conference 2019 featuring US & UK University perspectives.
The UniGlo Student Conference is a student-run event showcasing Bangkok’s recent admits to a diverse range of amazing US and UK universities. Founded in 2017 as the first event of its kind to be held in Bangkok, the 3rd annual conference will feature stories about university application process, with speakers sharing unique insights from the student perspective. The UniGlo Student Conference strives to inform students and parents of the realities of the application process, dispel misinformation and stereotypes, and provide a better idea of what’s to come during the final years of high school.
This year’s amazing and diverse list of featured speakers:
- Linya Thng (ASIS ’19), Imperial College London ’22
- Kusuma Gosala (NIST ’19), University of California, Berkeley ’23
- Arnav Narula (St. Andrews ’19), University of Bath ’22
- Guy Thampakkul (ISB ’19), Pomona College ’23
- Athena Intanate (BPS ’19), Haverford College ’23
- Pino Cholsaipant (SHB ’19), Stanford University ’24
- May-May Wattanawanitchakorn (SHB ’19), University of Cambridge ’22
- Allan Rubio (ICS ’19), Dartmouth College ’23
- Suyash Kothari (BPS ’19), Brown University ’23
Unwind with UniGlo: Coffee Chats hosted by Roots
The application season is coming to a close! Join the UniGlo Team, our ambassadors and Bangkok international school alumni as we chat about our experiences abroad, the differences between the US and UK, and more. Hear first-year university experiences and learn how second-years have adapted to university life!
It’s an open house, so feel free to drop in at any point to ask your questions or simply hear what we have to say. (No RSVP is required/walk-ins are welcome!)
Things to look forward to:
– Catching up with amazing Bangkok alumni 😎
– Meeting and discussing big ideas about life and opportunities with globeChang(e) podcast (globechangepodcast.com) host Michael Waitze 🤝
Approaching the Application Season (2018)
In line with helping students achieve their full potential, UniGlo hosted Approaching the Application Season to help Bangkok’s rising seniors prepare for the upcoming fall application season. The event prepared students for obtaining letters of recommendation, good essay-writing techniques, and more through small-group mentorship with volunteer college student facilitators. These facilitators and speakers came from varied backgrounds ranging from engineering at a large public institution to social sciences at an elite liberal arts college, allowing students to talk to those who best represented their interests. Approaching the Application Season draws upon the stories of successful applicants to inform the next generation of students, who will soon start their own application process.
- Sila Puhl, Columbia University – Political Science and Statistics
- Nirvan Sinha, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign – Mechanical Engineering
- Pimmy Soongswang, University of Cambridge – Land Economy
- Sodai Lotharukpong, Imperial College London – Biological Sciences
- Miku Suga, Brown University – Physics
- Feng Du, Parsons School of Design – Fine Arts
- Jessie Mahadumrongkul, University of California, Berkeley – Public Health and Philosophy
- Mimi Thompson, Claremont McKenna College – Literature and Psychology
Global University Student Conference 2018
The Global University Student Conference is a student-run event showcasing Bangkok’s recent admits to highly selective US and UK universities. Featuring speakers from all across Bangkok, the conference provides the diverse perspective of different institution styles around the globe including small liberal arts colleges, large US private and public institutions, and well-known UK research universities. The UniGlo Student Conference celebrates the accomplishments of the next generation of leaders from Bangkok, while also sharing unique insights into the application processes from a student perspective. At this event, you can personally interact with successful students from a variety of international schools to examine their case studies while gaining their perspective and advice on the application processes.
Our Featured Speakers:
- Alessando Pruegel from NIST, Oxford University
- Sense Sunyabhisithkul from SHB, Cambridge University
- Miku Suga from SHB, Brown University
- Kazuki Mogi from ISB, Stanford University
- Jessie Mahadumrongkul from BPS, University of California, Berkeley
- Nat Nichanun Puapattanakajorn from ASIS, University of Pennsylvania
- Cedric Lapine from ISB, University of Michigan
- Thalia Sirathanapornpat from KIS, Amherst College
- Nandini Mittal from NIST, Claremont McKenna College
Read more about some of our speakers and the event in our featured article on Expat Life in Thailand: “How To Walk The Road Less Traveled”.
US University Student Conference 2017
Even as the pilot event for UniGlo, the US University Student Conference saw an amazing turnout of over 250 attendees and 350+ RSVPs! We received some amazing feedback from students and parents alike, and our success in running this event has led to the establishment of the UniGlo Student Conference as an annual event.
Our Featured Speakers:
- Sila Puhl from NIST, Columbia University
- Vaibhaw Ladha from NIST, University of Pennsylvania
- Carlos Romero Jantacomma from SHB, Yale University
- Alessia Amaolo from ISB, California Institute of Technology
- Amp Burapachaisri from RIS, Cornell University
- Ken Lohatepanont from KIS, University of California Berkeley
- Emmy Khawsam-ang from ISB, Northwestern University
- Jessie Kanacharoen from NIST, Johns Hopkins University
- Varisa Limpijankit from ISB, Tufts University
- Madison Frye from BPS, Brown University
Read more about the conference in our featured articles on the Bangkok Post!
UniGlo is planning more awesome events in the near future! From essay brainstorm workshops to informative Q&A panels with Bangkok’s alumni, follow us on Facebook to stay tuned for our next event!
Our upcoming events are:
- Approaching the Application Season, August 2019
- Unwind with UniGlo, January 2020
- Pre-departure Orientation Event, Summer 2020
In line with our “for students, by students” philosophy, we’d love to hear from you!
If you have any ideas or suggestions for future UniGlo events, let us know at [email protected]!